This website is operated by IMAX (Shanghai) Multimedia Technology Co., Ltd. and/or its affiliate (“
Please also see our
for further details about the ways in which we collect and use your personal data.
”). You can contact us at
What are cookies?
This website uses "cookies". A cookie is a small file of unique letters and numbers that we store on your browser on your computer, tablet or smartphone (each a “
”) when you visit our website. Amongst other things, they allow our website to "remember" your activities on our website and the number of times you have visited. We can use the information stored by cookies to help us to provide you with a better on-line experience.
Some cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to our website. These cookies are known as "session cookies". Others, known as "persistent cookies", may remain stored on your Device after your visit and may be accessed by our website every time you re-visit our website.
Please see our section on third party cookies below.
Cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our Website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our Website.
• To customise your visit.
• To improve our Website.
• To save a visitor's recent searches to save him/her time when revisiting our Website.
• To provide visitors with advertising that may be relevant (third parties are involved in providing this).
• To analyse and compile collected data to build a profile about visitors.
What are the different types of cookies we use?
|Source (Where cookies come from)
|Third Party Cookies
||These cookies are provided by “Third Party” vendors who provide products and features we have integrated into our Website. Examples include social media sites, ad networks, and security systems.
|Type (What application uses the cookie)
||We may use essential cookies in order to enable you to receive the services that you request via our website. Without these cookies, services that you have asked for cannot be provided. For example, these cookies may be used on our website to:
- • allow you to access secure areas of our Website without having to continually log in to the service; and
- • remember previous actions you have taken (such as completing an online form) when navigating back to a page in the same browser session.
||We may use performance cookies that collect information about how our Website is used and to flag to us if an error occurs. These cookies may be used to collect quite detailed technical information such as the last visited website, the number of pages visited, which parts of our Website are clicked on and the length of time between clicks. This information may be associated with details such as your IP address, domain or browser information. However, it is analysed only in aggregate with information from other users and not in a way that would directly identify you. For example, these cookies may be used on our Websites to:
- • analyse and improve the performance of our Website;
- • manage the performance and design of our Website;
- • measure errors presented on our Website to improve our service and management complaints; and
- • test variations of design to ensure they appear consistently on our website.
||We may use functional cookies that are not essential but enable various helpful features on our website. For example, these cookies may be used on our website to:
- • remember the preferences that you selected on a previous visit to the Website, such as country/language;
- • remember answers to questions our Websites have asked you, such as not wishing to take part in a customer satisfaction questionnaire, so that you are not asked again; and
- • provide information to allow an optional service to function such as watching an online video.
Combining the cookie information with other data
When you access our Website, we may also collect information, where available, about your computer for system administration purposes, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information may be combined with the data we collected via the cookies referred to above. This information is statistical data about our users' browsing patterns and generally does not identify our users.
Here are some examples of the cookies that we use:
||Who Provides the Cookie?
||Used to distinguish computer system and the browser version of every user through cookies when visiting official website
|Third party cookies
||To obtain the latitude and longitude and store it to cookies
|Third party cookies
||Used to distinguish users between new and regular users, and which cities they were when visiting the website
|Third party cookies
||Used to record page view (PV) and unique visitors (UV)
|Third party cookies
||Used to view source sites of users, their search engines and the traffic of external link
You can set your internet browser so that it will not accept cookies. If you choose not to accept cookies you will still be able to browse our website but you will not be able to take advantage of any of the personalised options, such as registration.
Managing and Disabling Cookies
You can control the cookies placed and retained on your Device. The IMAX
For instructions on blocking and deleting cookies, see the privacy and help documentation of your specific browser's website. If you use more Devices and/or browsers you will need to disable cookies on each Device and on each browser separately. Here are the locations of the cookie settings for major web browsers:
• Internet Explorer
- Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab.
• Mozilla Firefox
- Tools > Options > Privacy menu.
• Safari Users
- Edit > Preferences > Privacy menu.
• Chrome Users
- Settings > Content Settings > Privacy > Cookies.
If you limit the ability of our Website to set cookies, this may prevent you from using certain features of our Website properly, such as registration and your user experience – which will no longer be personalised for you – may deteriorate. You may also be able to opt-out from certain cookies through third party cookie management sites. Disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of our Website, such as registration. If you delete your cookies from the browser, you may need to remember to re-install opt-out cookies.
Changes to this Policy
From time to time we may make changes to this policy. We will post any updated policy on our Website, and we will also post a notice when we change the policy in a material way.