If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us email@example.com.
This Website is not intended for minors and we do not knowingly collect data relating to minors. If you are under the age of 18 (if you are located in the People's Republic of China) or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, please do not attempt to provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor under the age of 18 (in case of a user located in the People's Republic of China) or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a minor under the age of 18 (in case of a user located in the People's Republic of China) or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
n detail, the personal information that we may collect about you as well as the corresponding purposes are:
- • When you use the service of “find a theater” of the Website, you need to authorize us to collect your location data to enable us to provide you with such service;
- • If you enter an IMAX contest, competition or similar promotion, you need to provide your contact information to enable us to organize such activities, such as to contact you and send you a prize;
- • When you use an IMAX social media channel (including on Weibo and WeChat), you may post relevant information on such channel. If you use these social media channels, please remember that any information you post is available for others to see and in each case, is subject to the privacy terms of the applicable social media providers;
- • When you report a problem with our Website or services, you need to provide us with your contact information to enable us to answer your questions or to contact you when necessary;
- • When you participate in a customer research, satisfaction or other survey that we use for research purposes, you need to provide us with your name, email address, mailing address and phone number; and
- • If you participate in a customer video or other testimonial used for research and advertising purposes, you need to provide us with your name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
Note that, when you use the Website, we or our providers may receive and store information automatically, including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. Furthermore, if you contact us for any other reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors. We will also need to keep log to record the network activities of our Website in accordance with Chinese laws and regulations.
If we collect other categories of your personal information, we will provide you with the specific categories of personal information that we collect as well as the corresponding purposes before our collection of your personal information.
We may retain, process and disclose etc. personal information that we collect from you in relation to our legal or tax obligations, including (a) for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; (b) to protect our legal rights in the event of any dispute resolution; and (c) to meet our tax obligations.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose personal information that we collect from you to the following third parties:
- • to any member of our group companies that is providing relevant services to you.
- • to third party service providers and partners that are carrying out certain services for us, such as data processing services. For example, if you win a competition, we will pass your information onto a third party who will arrange delivery of your prize.
- • to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of the applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- • where we pass aggregated data to third parties such as advertisers and business partners to give them a better understanding of our business. However, such information will not identify you personally.
- • to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Where we pass your information to third parties, we will take measures to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. If you would like any further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner theatres, distributors, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own policies (on matters including privacy and cookies) and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the applicable laws, your personal information may be stored and processed in territory(ies) where we have operations or in which we engage service providers, including Canada and the United States.
6. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
The personal information that we collect about you may be used to send you information about our business, our films or other useful information (for example, newsletters, details of competitions, special offers and promotions and information about latest releases) (the “”) in accordance with the applicable laws.
If you do not want to receive the Marketing Information from us any more, you can contact us or follow the instructions in the Marketing Information received from us to unsubscribe at any time.
7. HOW DOES IMAX KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
We have taken steps to ensure that all personal information that we collect is secure. This includes our technologies as well as physical, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect your personal information. However, security lies in your hands as well. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your passwords and to your computers and other connected devices. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared device and log out of our Website if you have been using them. Please acknowledge and understand that Internet is not an absolutely secure environment. If you find that your personal information is leaked, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take corresponding measures.
8. VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE OF GREATER CHINA
This Website is intended for visitors residing in Greater China and IMAX does not offer services or products to people located outside of this area. If you do not reside in Greater China and would like to obtain information in connection with products, services, content, or advertising provided by us, please visit www.imax.com.
9. DATA RETENTION
Retention Period: Unless otherwise required by the applicable laws and regulations, we would store your personal information for a period of time as below:
• When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information or the statutory retention period under Chinese laws and regulations expires, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing.
If you have questions in relation to our data retention practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OR DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with the applicable law. You may request us to correct your personal information if you find your personal information collected or stored by us is erroneous, or request us to delete your personal information if you believe our collection or use of your personal information violates the applicable laws or agreements between you and us.
For the safety purpose, you may need to provide a written request or prove your identity in other ways. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request. We will respond to requests we receive from you wishing to exercise your data subject rights in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
We would not be able to respond to your request in the following circumstances:
1) If response to your request will lead to our failure to fulfill our legal obligations;
2) If the information requested is directly related to national security and national defence;
3) If the information requested is directly related to public security, public health and fundamental public interest;
4) If the information requested is directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgement;
5) If we have reasonable evidence to prove that you have malicious intent or intend to abuse rights;
6) If response to your request will lead to the infringement of lawful right and interest of you or of other individuals, organizations;
7) If the information requested is related to trade secret.
11. CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION
If IMAX asks for information and you do not wish to give it to us, or if you wish to withdraw consent to the use of your information, IMAX will explain the consequences based on the specific information concerned, including whether it is a legal or contractual requirement that we use such data. However, if IMAX cannot collect necessary information from you, it may make it difficult or impossible for us to provide our services to you. If you have any queries in respect of the consequences of not providing information or withdrawing your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
12. OUR COMPANYWIDE COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to all IMAX employees and strictly enforce these safeguards within IMAX.
13. PRIVACY QUESTIONS
14. Our companywide commitment to your privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to all IMAX China employees and strictly enforce these safeguards within IMAX China.