1. What personal information we collect
Personal information is data relating to a natural person who can be identified either directly from the data itself or indirectly together with other information. Examples of the personal information that IMAX China may collect include your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, business contact details, gender, birthday, and personal interests. We may also collect online identifiers relating to your use of IMAX China websites or social media channels. These could include, for example, details of your visits to the website, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp and clickstream data, and your Internet Service Provider.
2. How we collect your personal information
Here are some examples of how we collect personal information from you:
- • When you register with us on an IMAX China website and provide us your contact information;
- • When you subscribe to the IMAX China email newsletter through the IMAX China website and provide your email address and postal code;
- • If you enter an IMAX China contest, competition or similar promotion and provide your contact information;
- • When you post on an IMAX China social media channel (including on weibo and wechat). If you use these social media channels, please remember that any information you post is available for others to see and in each case, is subject to the privacy terms of the applicable social media providers;
- • When you report a problem with our website or services;
- • When you participate in a customer research, satisfaction or other survey that we use for research purposes; and
- • If you participate in a customer video or other testimonial used for research and advertising purposes.
Note that, when you use an IMAX China website, we or our providers receive and may store information automatically, including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. Furthermore, if you contact us for any other reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. How we use personal information we collect
We will hold, process and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- • To communicate with you or to send you information about our services, contests, and promotions;
- • To administer contest and other promotions;
- • To provide you with information about the IMAX Group and its products and services and provide newsletters or email updates to you;
- • To communicate with you and provide information in relation to our business relationship;
- • To respond to your requests and to contact you if necessary;
- • To create, develop, produce, operate, deliver, improve and administer our products, services, content and advertising; and
- • In relation to legal or tax obligations of one or more members of the IMAX Group, including (a) for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; (b) to protect one or more members of the IMAX Group in the event of any dispute resolution or its/their legal rights; and (c) to meet the tax obligations of one or more members of the IMAX Group.
4. Disclosure of your personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to third parties in connection with the services being provided to you by IMAX China or another member of the IMAX Group, including:
- • where any member of the IMAX Group is pursuing the purposes set out above.
- • where third parties are carrying out certain services for us. For example, if you win a competition, we will pass your information onto a third party who will arrange delivery of your prize.
- • where we pass aggregated data to third parties such as advertisers and business partners to give them a better understanding of our business. However, such information will not identify you personally.
Where we pass your information to third parties, we will take measures to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your privacy. If you would like any further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner theatres, distributors, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own policies (on matters including privacy and cookies) and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
6. International transfers of your personal information
Subject to applicable laws, personal information may be stored and processed in territory(ies) where we have operations or in which we engage service providers, including Canada and the United States.
7. Marketing Communications
Information that we collect about you may be used to send you information about our business, our films or other useful information (for example, newsletters, details of competitions, special offers and promotions and information about latest releases) in accordance with applicable laws.
When you register with us we will also ask you if you would like to receive information about the products or services of our third party business partners that we think may be of interest to you. We will not send you this information without your consent.
If you have consented to receive information from us but subsequently change your mind and do not want to receive any more information from us all you have to do is contact us or follow the instructions in any communication received from us to unsubscribe at any time.
8. How does IMAX China keep your information secure?
We have taken steps to ensure that all personally identifiable data that we collect is secure. This goes beyond our technologies to include physical, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect your personal information. However, security lies in your hands as well. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your passwords and to your computers and other connected devices. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared device and log out of our websites if you have been using them.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are under the age of 18 (if you are located in the People's Republic of China) or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, please do not attempt to provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 (in case of a user located in the People's Republic of China) or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 (in case of a user located in the People's Republic of China) or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, please contact us.
10. Visitors from outside of Greater China
This website is intended for visitors residing in Greater China and IMAX China does not offer services or products to people located outside of this area. If you do not reside in Greater China and would like to obtain information in connection with products, services, content, or advertising provided by the IMAX Group, please visit www.imax.com.
11. Data retention
12. Access to and correction or deletion of personal information
If you would like to access, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. You may request us to correct your personal information if you find your personal data collected or stored by us is erroneous, or request us to delete your personal information if you believe our collection or use of your personal information violates the applicable laws or agreements between you and us.
13. Consequences of failure to provide information
If IMAX China asks for information and you do not wish to give it to us, or if you wish to withdraw consent to the use of your information, IMAX China will explain the consequences based on the specific information concerned, including whether it is a legal or contractual requirement that we use such data. However, if IMAX China cannot collect necessary information from you, it may make it difficult or impossible for us to provide our services to you. If you have any queries in respect of the consequences of not providing information or withdrawing your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
14. Our companywide commitment to your privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to all IMAX China employees and strictly enforce these safeguards within IMAX China.
15. Privacy questions